Pages

Laundry Struggles and The Dead Sea




One With Nature Naked Lavender Soap with Dead Sea Minerals, Argon Oil & Shea Butter, Essential Oil | Shop



Some of you may be wondering about the title of this post, and for those who are curious: the washing machine in my building broke. Thankfully, it got fixed yesterday, but this past week has definitely been a struggle in terms of having clean clothes and undergarments.

I am usually not a fan of bar soap. I find that it gets grimy and messy, and isn't as efficient or as clean, as liquid hand soap. Similarly, in the shower, I prefer to use a shower gel or cream body cleanser over a bar soap for mostly the same reasons. When I was shopping at Fairway Market about a month ago, I stopped by the soap section just to have a browse around. I came across this Lavender Soap made from Dead Sea Minerals, and it smelled absolutely heavenly. The company that makes it, One With Nature, is dedicated to environmental consciousness, and uses only natural ingredients in their products.

After purchasing the soap, I put it in my bathroom, and basically neglected (except to smell) it for a few weeks. When I ran out of underwear due to #laundryproblems, I decided to take matters into my own hands (pun intended) and wash a few garments myself. Although the soap is technically for your hands and body, I used it to wash my clothes, and was really pleased with the results. It did not dry out the fabric, like some bar soaps can, and left my garments smelling fresh and very clean. Since then, I've been reaching for this soap more and more whilst washing my hands, and to my surprise, it hasn't been as messy as I'd thought.

Am I a bar soap convert? I wouldn't say that just yet, but perhaps I am starting to turn my head in that direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment